[count] 1 : a person who is in charge of one of the parts of a university (such as a college or school)
▪ She's the dean of the university's business school. ▪ the dean of liberal arts2 : a person whose job is to give advice to the students in a college or high school and to make sure that they obey the school's rules
▪ the dean of students3 US : a person who has more experience in or knowledge about a particular profession, subject, etc., than anyone or almost anyone
▪ She's considered the dean [=doyen] of American architecture.4 : a Christian priest who is in charge of several other priests or churches
▪ She's the dean of the university's business school. ▪ the dean of liberal arts
▪ the dean of students
▪ She's considered the dean [=doyen] of American architecture.